The Department of Physiotherapy at VIMS Hospitals is equipped with advanced equipments and a highly experienced team of physiotherapists. We offer a multifaceted approach to our patient’s rehabilitation by providing treatment as per international standards. We provide comprehensive assessment to rule out the cause of pain or injury along with reviewing past medical history and developing a personalised therapy plan to meet the functional goals that includes exercises to restore function, relieve pain and improve mobility.
Physiotherapy includes specific exercises designed to keep a person fit, to help condition the muscles necessary to prevent injuries, to help reduce or eliminate pain, and to promote soft tissue healing. Physiotherapists use proven methods of treatment such as heat, cold, electrotherapy, manual therapy, therapeutic exercises, and provide patient education or home exercise program.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The extensive in-patient and out-patient services include a variety of medical conditions like orthopedic, neurological, cardiorespiratory, and general/surgical under both pre- and post-operative physiotherapy.
- Back and Neck Pain
- Shoulder and Arm Pain
- Hip, Knee and Ankle Pain
- Joint Replacement
- Hand Pain/Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Injuries
- Work Injuries
- Personal Injuries
- Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis
- Postsurgical Rehabilitation
- Numbness, Tingling and Neuropathy
Your treatment options may include:
- Manual Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Electrical Stimulation — Decreases pain and swelling and facilitates faster healing
- Ultrasound — Creates a deep heating effect that can reduce pain, spasm and joint stiffness while increasing flexibility in your muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Home Exercise Programs — A customized program to help you recover from injury, improve strength, balance and coordination and enhance your ability to perform.
- On-site Rehab — Our complete center includes exercise balls, free weights, pulleys, balance equipment, resistance machines, traction and more.