We’re experts at identifying the nature and degree of your speech, language, voice, or swallowing problems, and we will tailor a treatment plan that’s best for you.
Speech pathology is a specialty that deals with the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and swallowing disorders. These are usually caused by brain damage, trauma, or stroke, infection, birth anomalies, or associated with surgical complications in paediatric, adult, and geriatric populations.
Both adults and children can be affected by speech disorders. Timely diagnosis and suitable treatment are the recommended ways to manage these conditions. These disorders can be a result of post-traumatic experiences or neurological or developmental conditions.
The causes may include:
- Neurological disorders
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Muscle weakness
- Respiratory weakness
- Nodules on the vocal cords
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Ear, nose, and throat diseases—assessment and cure
- Hearing loss and balance problems
- Voice disorders
- Head and neck cancer
- Evaluation and treatment of language delay due to environmental causes
- Evaluation and treatment of language delay caused by neurological and developmental disorders
- Aural-Auditory rehabilitation for both the hard of hearing and cochlear implants
- Evaluation and treatment of articulation and phonological disorders, and developmental apraxia of speech
- Evaluation and treatment of fluency disorders such as stuttering and cluttering