At VIMS Hospitals, Salem, we have one of the best neurosurgeons in Tamil Nadu, highly skilled in conducting brain surgeries and minimally invasive treatments using all the latest equipment and advanced technologies. The team focuses on total patient comfort and safety with the help of the most advanced and refined imaging techniques and the newest treatment concepts.
The neurosurgeons work closely with other specialist teams to offer quality care and rehabilitation programmes based on the patient’s condition and illness. Our multi-disciplinary approach goes beyond medication management and interventional procedures to cover the entire scope of pain management, including behavioural and rehabilitation services.
- Head injury (neurotrauma)
- Brain Tumors (Neuro-Oncology)
- Spinal Tumors
- Normal pressure Hydrocephalus
How we treat:
- By micro neurosurgery
- Craniotomy & evacuation of extradural hematoma, subdural hematoma
- Craniotomy & excision of cerebral tumors, C & P angle tumors, etc.
- Craniotomy & excision of infratentorial tumours
- Programmable V P shunts
- Excision of spinal cord tumours
How we treat:
- Adult spine care, minimally invasive and endoscopic surgery
- Spinal infections
- Spinal trauma
- Transforaminal epidural injection/nerve root block/dorsal root ganglion block
- Injections into the facet joints
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Cervical laminectomy and posterior cervical fusion
- Endoscopic discectomy/microdiscectomy
- Revision of spine surgery
- Cervical and lumbar disc prolapse and disc replacement surgery
- Anterior lumbar discectomy and fusion (ALIF)
- Transformational lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Over 5000 neuro surgeries were performed.
- Over 1000 brain and spinal cord tumour surgeries were performed.
Dr. Pari Kodaiarasan
Consultant – Neurosurgeon
M.B.B.S., MCH(Neurosugery)., FINS
Consultant – Neurosurgery