The Department of Geriatrics at VIMS Hospitals offers world-class care designed to improve elderly patients’ independence and well-being. At VIMS, care for elderly people covers multiple fields, including Nephrology, Neurology, Urology, Orthopaedics, and Cardiology. The specially trained and experienced medical staff ensure that the elderly people are provided with the care and attention that they require and deserve.
- Comprehensive interdisciplinary assessment of the elderly
- Optimized medical treatment according to the age, medical status, and patient input following counselling
- Lifestyle advice, including diet and exercise programmes
- Comprehensive preventive care
- Counselling for family members and caregivers on the care of the elderly
- Subspecialty referral is required
- Comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient care where required
- Consult services for the elderly patients of other departments
- Help with medical decision-making and end-of-life care
Our geriatricians at VIMS Hospitals collaborate with other specialists as needed to treat conditions associated with ageing, including;
- Parkinson’s disease
- Osteoarthritis, etc.
Dr. S. Prabhagaran
Deputy Medical Superintendent