The spacious Department of Emergency Medicine & Trauma Care at VIMS Hospitals is a 12-bed state-of-the-art facility, designed for the convenience of patients who need immediate assessment and treatment.
As a Level 1 trauma center, we handle all extreme cases and are capable of performing cutting-edge procedures.
Our team of emergency medicine physicians, with extensive experience in managing complex cases, collaborates with our expert in-house staff of emergency radiologists, trauma surgeons, and critical care physicians and our multidisciplinary team of medical and surgical specialists to provide the highest level of care for each patient. We are geared round the clock to meet all medical and surgical emergencies, including POLYTRAUMA, on hand to save lives 24/7.
We have a triage system in place to prioritise patients based on their needs. The critically ill patients are taken into the resuscitation area, where they are capable of all life saving resuscitation procedures at the bedside.
- It is the first and largest 24 x 7 emergency unit in Salem.
- Hi-tech ambulance with intensive care facility
- Golden hour care for trauma cases
- Minor – Operation theatre service
Support from major surgical and medical specialties Over 25,000 patients are treated annually.
Bedside Ultrasound and Echocardiography, etc.
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Trauma Management
- Orthopedic Emergencies – except limb amputations
- Surgical Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Neurology Emergencies
- Gastroenterology Emergencies
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Except for major vessel bleeding, vascular emergencies,
- Infectious Disease Emergencies
- Neurosurgical Emergencies
- Urology emergencies
- Ophthalmology Emergencies – Except for Eye trauma
- Nephrology Emergencies
- Emergencies in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Paediatric Emergencies
- Burns Emergencies
- Poison Emergencies
- Infectious Disease Management AMBULANCE SERVICES:
Our ambulances are equipped with life-saving and highly advanced types of equipment such as a biphasic defibrillator, ventilator, advanced airway equipment, suction apparatus, etc.
There is a large emphasis on cardiac evaluation, neurosciences, toxicology, and paediatrics, in addition to focusing on other medical and surgical emergencies.
A team of expert EMTs and paramedics with ACLS, trained in AHA standards, accompany our ambulances and are trained to provide the necessary emergency and non-emergency pre-hospital care, as well as medical transportation.
- Suction Apparatus
- Bedside X-ray machine
- Portable ultrasonography and ECHO
- Advanced airway equipment
- Multi-parameter monitoring facility
- Biphasic Defibrillator with transcutaneous pacer
- An invasive and non-invasive ventilator with CPAP and BiPAP modes.
Dr. R. Ashok
M.B.B.S., MD., FICM., FIAEM., MBA , Deputy Medical Director – Emergency & Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Vishal Raj
MBBS., MS (Gen. Sur.).
Consultant – Critical Care & General Surgeon
Dr. T. Dhanasekar
MBBS., MEM., FICM.,